What kinds of services can students access?

Services include:

  • Counselling services (marital, family, and relationship issues; stress, anxiety, or depression; addiction or trauma; other personal issues)
  • Work-life balance solutions (information and coaching related to issues including, but not limited to: childcare, elder care, grief, financial or legal concerns, relationship challenges, career planning, nutrition, weight management, and smoking cessation)
  • Online resources on Homeweb.ca

Homewood also provides a service option through approved Elders, spiritual healers and counselling facilities for Indigenous learners. Clients who request this will receive counselling by means of a more culturally traditional approach.

When can students access these services?

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

What languages are available?

Homewood Health delivers services in English and French, but they have an infrastructure in place that enables them to offer services in over 150 other languages.

How can students access these services?

Services are available:

  • By Phone:
    • 1-800-663-1142 (English)
    • 1-866-398-9505 (French)
    • 1-888-384-1152 (TTY/hearing impaired)
    • 1-877-301-4776 (Outside of Canada)
  • Online:
    • Students can log in to the members area at: Homeweb.ca

If a student is having trouble accessing homeweb.ca, how do they resolve this?

The student can contact Homewood at the contact information above.

Is there a cost for students?


Is there a limit to the number of times a student can access these services?

When accessing Homewood Health's counselling services for a particular issue, you will be matched with a counsellor who suits your needs and who will provide you with short-term solutions. As such, your counsellor will help you set a goal, then offer you focused, specific, and practical tools and tips to help you work toward your goal. Typically, this level of support takes place over the course of 3 to 4 sessions, and if you are identified as requiring additional, longer-term treatment or specialized support, your counsellor will refer you to appropriate community-based resources and programs.

Will AU receive any information about the students that access these services?

All interactions are confidential. AU will receive anonymized use data.

Can learners continue to access Student Lifeline?

The Homewood Health Wellness Support Program replaces the Student LifeLine service, previously provided through AUSU and AUGSA.

Students who have an open case with Student Lifeline can continue to access the service with Student Lifeline while their case is open.

Where can students find more information?

More information and a Guide for Students is available online: http://counselling.athabascau.ca/student_support.php

Let us know if you have other questions, by sending an email to mentalhealth@athabascau.ca.