What kinds of services can students access?
- Counselling services (marital, family, and relationship issues; stress, anxiety, or depression; addiction or trauma; other personal issues)
- Work-life balance solutions (information and coaching related to issues including, but not limited to: childcare, elder care, grief, financial or legal concerns, relationship challenges, career planning, nutrition, weight management, and smoking cessation)
- Online resources on Homeweb.ca
Homewood also provides a service option through approved Elders, spiritual healers and counselling facilities for Indigenous learners. Clients who request this will receive counselling by means of a more culturally traditional approach.
When can students access these services?
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What languages are available?
Homewood Health delivers services in English and French, but they have an infrastructure in place that enables them to offer services in over 150 other languages.
How can students access these services?
Services are available:
- By Phone:
- 1-800-663-1142 (English)
- 1-866-398-9505 (French)
- 1-888-384-1152 (TTY/hearing impaired)
- 1-877-301-4776 (Outside of Canada)
- Students can log in to the members area at: Homeweb.ca
If a student is having trouble accessing homeweb.ca, how do they resolve this?
The student can contact Homewood at the contact information above.
Is there a cost for students?
Is there a limit to the number of times a student can access these services?
Will AU receive any information about the students that access these services?
All interactions are confidential. AU will receive anonymized use data.
Can learners continue to access Student Lifeline?
The Homewood Health Wellness Support Program replaces the Student LifeLine service, previously provided through AUSU and AUGSA.
Students who have an open case with Student Lifeline can continue to access the service with Student Lifeline while their case is open.
Where can students find more information?
More information and a Guide for Students is available online: http://counselling.athabascau.ca/student_support.php
Let us know if you have other questions, by sending an email to email@example.com.