AU Counselling Services offers Career Cruising for registered students. This resource provides assessment tools, goals & career exploration activities, as well as, a résumé builder.
Explore career options using these resources, which contain information on duties, working conditions, skills, education, salary, employment prospects and opportunities.
Complete Worksheet Two of the My Career Plan Worksheet to assist you with your career explorations.
Conduct an information interview to get first-hand information about what it is like to work in a particular field. Some questions you can ask:
- What is your job title?
- What are your duties and responsibilities?
- Describe a typical day at work.
- How did you get into this line of work?
- What sort of education or training do you have?
- What you do like/dislike about your work?
- What other preparation, if any, would you recommend to get started in this line of work?
- What do you see as being the future outlook for this field?
Other Information Sources
- Career Information Hotline for Alberta only: 1-800-661-3753 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Canada Employment Centres
- Professional associations and unions
- Career resource section of the library
- Volunteering or job shadowing
- College and university counsellors
- Job postings and job ads
Program Career Options
Education and Training Options